Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Here we go!

After being inspired to start blogging in my classroom at a recent Google Conference, I'm embarking on this blog for the sake of my 7th grade Life Science students at CVMS.

So what's a Blog?

blog
bläɡ/
noun
  1. 1.
    a regularly updated website or web page, typically one run by an individual or small group, that is written in an informal or conversational style.

The purpose of this blog is to provide a daily glimpse into what class is like in room 406. What did we learn?  What experiment did we do? What did groups talk about or work on? How many times did Mrs. McCabe trip or tell ANOTHER random story about her kids? And if you're absent (or absent-minded) you can visit this page and get a play-by-play about what you missed.

The "plan" (and that's stated loosely, fingers crossed this all comes to fruition) is that each class period will have a blog entry - that's three blog posts a week. I'm going to hit up students to be "Guest Bloggers" so I don't have to write these all myself.  For information about what a blog entry should look like, how to sign up or where to submit your blog post, click on the link on my webpage under "Daily Blog" and use the pull down menu.

I'll also welcome random musings from students about current events in science.  If you see a movie, read an article, or there's a current event you'd like to report upon that ties into what we're learning in here, feel free to submit.  I, of course, reserve the right as editor, but I'd like to think I'm pretty open-minded.  Let's see what we can come up with.....

No comments:

Post a Comment